Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spring Soccer




ED and AM just finished their soccer season. They had a lot of fun! ED ended up playing goalie most of the time. He was quite good, making saves in the midst of kicking feet. It made me nervous to watch. The last playoff game was in the rain at 9am--very windy and cold. ED had extra layers since he was in the goal, but poor AM was freezing. She had a smile on her face, though! So, here are some "after-game" photos. Be glad you can't touch or smell them... I'm sure you can imagine the sweat and dirt well enough. :-) I've decided to throw in a picture of ED grabbing a ball. You can barely see it through all the other players, but look closely. (You can click on the photo to enlarge it.)

5 comments:

Euroca said...

Julie, I love your green backdrop!!! The kids are adorable! Are you as happy as I am when soccer season ends? Just curious. You are so good about keeping up your blog. You and Janet both. You inspire me. Therefore, I will keep trying!

Janet said...

It looks like this will work. I had never seen the team member thing before. Anyway, love the video of AE, isn't it funny how they almost shove the spoon down their throats when they first learn to feed themselves. Also N haircut is way cute but I think I would cry over the curls. I wish Hallie had curls. Your kids look so cute playing soccer. Jayden hates goalie. I think he is a little afraid of it and if he misses a goal it makes him feel awful. I'm like you, I'm afraid they'll kick his teeth out. Your camera takes great pictures. I didn't like Harry Potter (to read) so I haven't read a lot of those type of books. I'm trying to find a great summer book for Jayden. He isn't the best reader because he doesn't like to read therefore it needs to be good. Do you think a 9 year old would like it. I plan on reading it together with him. Maybe I'll find I would love it too.

Janet said...

I am not a member of the reading thing, now I can't remember what you called it. That would be fun.
Tell me about it. :)

Derrell said...

Euroca, I like the new backdrop, too! Thanks to Janet for the referral! Janet, I'm reading Fablehaven aloud right now. The kids beg me to read more. It takes place on a magical preserve. Fairies, satyrs, trolls, etc. I really don't think it's like Harry Potter at all, except for it being in the Fantasy genre. There are three Fablehaven books so far. Author is LDS, by the way. ED's not a lover of reading, either, but he'll listen to us read to him all day. We have gotten him a bunch of comic books, and he loves those. I'm not a fan, but if it gets him reading words, then great!

Derrell said...

NE still has her curls, by the way. I wouldn't get rid of those! In fact, since evening things out, and taking off a little weight perhaps, the curls seems tighter and fuller and prettier. Yay! I'll throw in a picture of her since the haircut soon.