Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two weeks ago:
The Snowman that turned into a Chair. (I don't think I ever wanted a snow chair when I was a kid!)









AE begged to go outside
with her cracker.
It shortly became
"Ritz a la mode".









Today:

And tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees.

The weather is one of the nicest things about this area. We get some cold and snow, but nothing like the negative 40 temperatures of Anchorage, Alaska where a friend lives. The summer can be uncomfortable, but nothing like Melbourne, Australia where a friend is experiencing 115 degree weather presently. For the most part it is quite mild.

OK, I better be more specific. The weather is one of the nicest things to me about this area. It is WAY too warm for my hubby's tastes most of the time, but I think he's part bear. (hee, hee)

6 comments:

David Y. said...

Great post. I laughed at the "snow chair." Last summer, while swimming at the river, the kids built up a "sand toilet." Nice.

By the way, I really like the music that plays on your site. Nice touch. And some really good stuff. Where do you find it all?

Marissa said...

I remember building snow chairs. I really didn't like being out in the snow, it was too tiring, so I built chairs to just sit in. Too much fun.

Challburg said...

I am glad you are enjoying the snow. I don't miss it one bit! Although, sometimes in the summer when it is 105 degrees with 100% humidity I question what I am doing :)

Jules said...

I've heard D snore and growl--definately part bear (hehe). -AW

Janet said...

Love your family picture at the top. Fun pictures in the snow. I have to say I am ready for spring. How's your blog book coming? I hear you can slurp blogger again.

John and Jenny said...

I love your family picture. It has finally cooled off, but will probably warm up again! I cannot believe that we are already out of summer and headed for fall. Seems so strange. Enjoy the weather because it will definitely get cold again before spring!