Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Look Who's Been Busy


NE, staying true to form, has added another chapter to her book entitled, The Art of Mess-making. An exciting adventure, this latest installment includes a two-year-old, a wall, a picture frame, a floor, three pillows, two chairs, a table, two stuffed animals, three books, a shirt, and a GREEN PERMANENT MARKER. I say "exciting adventure", but that all depends on your viewpoint. For me, it was actually scarier than Psycho.

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure.

The previous chapters involve water overflowing from the kitchen sink, dry lemonade mix in the living room, and decorating with a book of stamps. Stay tuned for more tales of her escapades! (I can't hope that this is the end, though I want to.)

6 comments:

David Y. said...

Julie:

Wow - and to think that someday when all our kids grow up, we may actually MISS all the messes.

Maybe.

Marissa said...

We went thru a phase like that just last fall. Shampoo all over the crib, cutting of hair, marker on the walls, constant emptying of drawers, etc. She seems to have calmed down now that she's closer to 3, but her attitude has gotten worse. Good luck!

Derrell said...

Thanks for the wishes of luck. I AM sure that life will be much less exciting when the kids grow up. I really don't want them to grow up, but I haven't been able to figure out how to stop time!

Rachelle said...

This looks very familiar to some art work that still exists on the basement stairwell wall- it's red and matches the red marks on the carpet, made with the same dry erase marker. I haven't even bothered to clean those up, because well, they're in the basement and it won't come off even if I try...oh well. It seems each kid has had a shot at destroying something- or should I say, leaving their "mark"?

We'll laugh and tell stories of it later- when they're older and even better, when they have their own kids!

Kelly said...

good thing she's cute

Erin said...

I agree with Kelly... I think she knows she can get away with it because she's so stinkin' cute!