Sunday, August 10, 2008

Road Trip

On the road again! Just can't wait to get on the road again!

We may not be singing that in a couple weeks once our vacation is over, but right now we are excited! The kids had a difficult time falling asleep tonight--they wanted to leave today instead of tonight. We are waking them up at 3am and heading west.

interstate highways

It will be so great to see almost all of our family, and believe it or not, we are actually looking forward to the journey, too. I'll give you a good report when we return. How will it be with five kids stuck in a car for three days straight? As you can tell, mixed in with the excitement is a bit of skepticism at this venture of ours. But we will pray for the best.

I had hoped to get pictures uploaded before leaving. The missing cord just showed up yesterday, though. Oh, well, you'll just get bombarded in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Special K said...

good luck julie! i'm sure you'll have a great time. we sure had a great visit this summer!

Erin said...

We would LOVE to see you when you are here! Give us a call!

Jules said...

I know you're not home quite yet, but I can't tell you how much we enjoyed seeing you. I hope you had a good trip back to VA. We miss you terribly already. Garrett thinks it's pretty cool that his dad has such great friends.

Jules said...

Hi again, that comment above was from Adam. I just wanted to tell you that I just found out there is a missionary from our ward in Fredricksburg. He is actually French, but his family lives in Springville on account of his Dad's employment with BYU. Anyway his name is Elder Giraud-Carrier. His dad and I serve together, he is the YM's President. If you get a chance look him up. You may have already made the connection. Enjoy getting back to the norm. We really did enjoy visiting with you all.

Kelly said...

Hey, I came here to get a "good report" on your trip. I can't wait to hear all the parts about me. ;)
Actually, I know how hard it can to adjust back into normal life, so take your time. I'll keep checking back.

Janet said...

It will be fun to hear about your trip. I wish we could have seen you but thank goodness for the blogs and the ability to keep connected.