Monday, October 6, 2008

Sacrifice, I Think

Tonight we were discussing the attributes of Christ. Many of the terms required definitions for the younger children.

The question was posed: "Who knows what 'sacrifice' means?"

LL (our barely five-year-old), who had been uncharacteristically silent thus far, started jumping up and down with her hand raised saying, "Oh! I know! I know what that means!" Of course she was called on. Unfortunately, neither Derrell nor I could hold in the laughter when she answered,

"Sacrifice is when you gather up all the bad guys, and throw them into some lava."

4 comments:

Jules said...

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type this for the tears. You gotta love kids. (And yours are particularly cute.)

Janet said...

Out of the mouth of babes. You gotta love it. So great to post these funny things so you can remember later.

Marissa said...

Don't we love all the fun stuff that kids say. Thank goodness for our kids who keep us enjoying life.

Challburg said...

I think that is what makes being a parent worth it. Some days are so crazy that you have to look at the "sweet" things that come out of their mouths to keep smiling. (That and watching them sleep:))